- Information Collected and Stored Automatically The site operator may automatically collect and store anonymous information about site visitors to enable us to make the website more useful and improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. We may collect the following anonymous information from you every time you access the website:
- Internet domain from which you access our website (e.g. google.com, your-company.com, bing.com)
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you surf the web. In some cases, these addresses may be individually or regionally identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additional effort to link a particular IP address to a specific individual. For many users, an IP address cannot be linked to a specific individual.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Date and time of access
- Pages visited
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to the website
Web logs may also be automatically created and used to identify visitors who seek to damage the website, use the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in any unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. We do not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless the visitor provides information to us.
- Personal Information Collection and Use You do not have to provide any personally identifiable information to visit this website; however, if you use the website to send us an e-mail, subscribe to a newsletter or e-mail alert, ask for information, or if you provide personally identifiable information through the website in any other way, we may collect and may maintain the information that you provide. Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g. your name, address, e-mail, electric service characteristics, dispute). In the situations described above, your personally identifiable information may be shared among our staff, members, and support services (including third party vendors) as we deem necessary. Once information reaches the correct office, it will be used in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways. In no event will we sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Linking to other sites From time to time, the website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by us, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various websites do not constitute or imply endorsement of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
- Security and Data Quality
- The site operator maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. No computer or mobile operating system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. We provide reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential.
- “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information or other personally identifiable information through e-mail.
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences. If you use Google Chrome, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences. If you use Firefox, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences. If you use Apple Safari, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences. Note that if you set your preferences so your device does not receive cookies, certain features of the website cannot be provided to you, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all the website content.
- Uses and Disclosures
- The site operator uses its website to provide services and information to its members, employees, and members of the general public.
- General We may share information we collect on our website with companies that provide support services to us (such as auditors, web hosting providers, or call center service providers). These companies may need this information in order to perform their functions. We generally direct recipients to agree to safeguard personal information, to use it only as authorized by us, and to return it or destroy it when no longer required.
- Legal Process We could be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Any record keeper faces this possibility. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect our legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. We believe that these events are unlikely, but they are possible. We will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
- Recruiting Services Web users can search and apply online for employment opportunities with the site operator and its affiliated companies. If you complete a job application online, provide a resume, or disclose other personal information for a recruitment activity, we may use your information in the same manner as if you applied by regular mail or in person. The information will only be used for recruiting and employment purposes. It is possible that information about you or about your application will be shared externally to verify the information, to obtain references, or for other employment-related purposes. When appropriate, application information will be shared with a member cooperative that advertised a vacancy. Each member cooperative has independent policies and practices for the use and disclosure of employment applications.
- Subscriptions You may voluntarily sign up to receive various newsletters, updates or alerts, and other such communications, directly or indirectly, from our staff or affiliates. By electing to receive any communication, you understand that your information will be retained by us and may be added to our contact database. Based upon your election, we may contact you directly concerning other publications or events that may be useful to you. Note that as a recipient of any generated communications, you may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message to be removed from our contact list. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share lists of subscribers to publications, online newsstand services, or list servers.
- Changes to this policy We may change this statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically reread this policy to see if there have been any changes that may affect you. This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
- Children and Privacy We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Our website does not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 nor send them requests for personal information.